YMCA Pre-Diabetic class
In 2015 Stephen F. Austin Community Health Network entered into a partnership with the Thelma Ley Anderson YMCA in Alvin, TX in an effort to reduce patients being diagnosed with diabetes. This partnership has created access to education and exercise services for patients desiring to change thier lifestyle. For more information about this program, please call 281-824-1480
Reduce your risk for Type 2 diabetes and gain tools for healthy living.
Have you been told any of the following?
- You have prediabetes
- You have a BMI of 25 or higher
- Your A1C is between 5.7% and 6.4%
- Your fasting plasma glucose is between 100-125 mg/dl
- You have a family history of diabetes (parent or sibling)
- You have had gestational diabetes
Participation in the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program includes 25 sessions with a healthy lifestyle coach and a free family membership for three months!
- A free Fitbit for completing the program
- Partnership with the Houston Food Bank for healthy eating and cooking demos