Stephen F. Austin Community Health Network’s Adult Primary Care department provides coordinated and comprehensive care for men and women 18 and older. Our goal is to promote health with good preventative care and, if needed, to manage common illnesses. By delivering the care and treatment you need, when you need it, we can help to ensure your day-to-day wellbeing.
Our capabilities include:
- Physical examinations – annual checkups that include blood pressure testing and appropriate preventative lab tests
- Chronic disease management – early diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure
- Men’s services – cancer screening (prostate, testicular, colon), screening and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, and routine blood work such as screening for diabetes and high cholesterol
- Women’s services – cancer screening (breast, cervical, colon), screening and treatment of STDs, contraception, and routine blood work such as screening for diabetes and high cholesterol
- Acute care – common infections and conditions such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations, skin infections, and urinary tract infections – as well as performing other non-emergency procedures
- Education and consultation – helping you to understand the best ways to maintain the good health of yourself, your children, and your family.